Did you know that anadama bread is more than just a sweet, sweet treat? It’s also a great addition to your daily meals. Who knew?! Anadama bread isn’t only great for snacks and dessert but it can also be used as a substitute for other meals. The fact that it’s basically a whole food in itself adds to its versatility. In case you haven’t tried it yet, read on to find out more about this delicious treat!
What is Anadama Bread?
Anadama Bread is a type of enriched, almost fluffy, wheat bread that is usually sweetened with either molasses or honey. It is often sold pre-baked and can be found in many grocery stores and at specialty food stores. It is a very popular bread among North American health food stores, and is often referred to by health food entrepreneurs as “whole grain rye.”
Why is Anadama Bread so delicious? It’s special because it’s made of whole rye grain and wheat, and it has no artificial ingredients such as preservatives, sugar, or chemicals. The rye content adds a nice, tangy flavor and the whole grains give it lots of vitamins and minerals.
Nutrition Value of Anadama Bread
Anadama Bread is a very nutritious whole grain bread. It is rich in fibre, protein, and vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, and B12, iron, zinc, and selenium.
One slice of Anadama Bread contains 0.7g of saturated fat, 0.7g of trans fat, 4.7g of carbs, 3.4g of sugar, 2.1g of protein, 2.6g of fibre, and 55% of your daily recommended value of iron. There are many other benefits of eating Anadama Bread.
It is high in fiber and low in calories which helps you stay full and lose weight. It is rich in minerals and vitamins which help protect your body from diseases and deficiencies. Anadama Bread’s high iron content makes it a great snack for vegetarians.
Benefits of eating Anadama Bread
– High in Iron – Iron is an essential mineral that is important for the production of red blood cells. A deficiency in iron may lead to anemia, fatigue, and weakness. Iron present in Anadama Bread helps in body metabolism and energy generation.
– High in B Vitamins – B Vitamins are essential minerals that are important for brain development, and metabolism of glucose (sugar), protein, fat, and amino acids. A deficiency in B Vitamins may cause fatigue, weakness, and anorexia. Anadama Bread is rich in B Vitamins and protects you against deficiencies.
– Rich in Zinc – Zinc is an essential mineral that is important for immunity and metabolism of body fluids. A deficiency in zinc may cause anemia. Anadama Bread is rich in zinc and protects you from a deficiency.
– Good Source of Iron – Iron is an important mineral present in anaerobic organisms like bacteria and fungi. It is also found in plants and animals. Iron is required by the body for many functions such as metabolism, immunity, and development of blood cells.
– High in Selenium – Selenium is an antioxidant mineral that helps in metabolism of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins. It also prevents oxidative damage caused due to heavy metal toxicity.
–High in Fibre – Fibre is important for the colon and heart health and prevents cancer and diabetes. Anadama Bread is high in fibre that helps you stay healthy and fit.
– Rich in Vitamins – B Vitamins are important for metabolism, immunity, and energy generation. Vitamin B9 is also known as pantothenic acid that helps in metabolism and building of cells. Vitamin B6 is a metabolite cofactor that is required for metabolism of amino acids and energy formation. Anadama Bread is a rich source of vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B9, B6 and B12.
Step by step Tutorial to make Anadama bread
The recipe for Anadama Bread is very simple, but effective. The ingredients required are ground rye bread, molasses, and honey. To prepare the ingredients, Mix all the ingredients together and let the mixture rest for 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes, knead the mixture to get a homogeneous mixture. Let the mixture rest for another 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, knead the mixture again.
After kneading the mixture for the second time, shape the mixture into a round shape. The final shaping is done by hand. After shaping the mixture, let it rest for another ten minutes.
At the end, knead the mixture one last time and let the bread rest for 20 minutes. After the resting period, remove the bread from the bowl and place it on a pre-heated pizza stone. Bake the bread for 20 to 30 minutes or till it turns golden brown in colour.
6 Easy, Tasty Ways to Eat Anadama Bread
– Sandwich– A slice of Anadama Bread with some peanut butter or almond butter is a great snack!
– Crusty Cornbread– Mix anadama bread with some herbs and spices and make cornbread using anadama bread as the base.
– Baked Oatmeal– Add some cinnamon, anadama bread slices, and some raisins to make an oatmeal-like dish.
– Muffin- Anadama bread can be used as a base to make muffins. You can use it as a stuffing for muffins or as a covering for regular bread.
– Brownies- Anadama bread makes a great base for brownies. You can add walnuts or pecans or blueberries to add some flavour and colour.
– Buns– Make anadama bread and then shape it into buns. Sprinkle a little sugar on them, for best results.
Anadama Bread is a delicious and nutritious snack that can be eaten as a part of a healthy diet. It is rich in iron, B vitamins, and fibre, and tastes great when paired with peanut butter or honey. Anadama Bread can be stored at room temperature for up to two weeks. It can also be frozen for up to three months. Anadama Bread is typically sold in grocery stores, but it can also be purchased online from Amazon.